Moodle – Virtual School @ VPSHS
What is Moodle?
Moodle is a Learning Management System used by millions of people world-wide. It is a dynamic educational tool that enhances the 4 C’s of 21st Century Learning – Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking and Creativity – in the classroom and beyond!
Through Moodle, staff and students can access and integrate a variety of digital teaching and learning resources, intertwined with 21st Century educational pedagogy. Documents, web links, forums and wikis are just a small example of the opportunities available.
Moodle also allows absent students to obtain work, and it provides opportunities for digital collaboration, differentiation, engagement and feedback. By using Moodle students can become more responsible, taking control over their own learning and helping them better prepare for future education and career prospects.
Why Moodle for Students?
- Accessibility - Students can access course (subject) content anywhere anytime with internet access
- Excellent for students who are frequently absent from school due to illness, traineeships, extra-curricular activities or suspension
- Easy access either via Moodle Website or App
- A centralised, one-stop location where students can access subject resources as well as other important school resources and documentation
- Collaboration –Students canwork and learn together in forums, wikis, quizzes and give feedback through polls and surveys
- Communications -Students can receive automatic alerts on new assignments and deadlines and announcement posts
- Engagement – A learning environment which is innovative and creative, and filled with purpose so as to enhance learning experiences
- Skill development –Students are presented with opportunities to engage with digital technologies
- Flexibility –Students can develop or submit work directly online – in this way Moodle supports and makes the students’ self-study easier.