This pathway is designed for students intending to continue into university after high school.
The Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) is the standard pathway to tertiary study for Queensland students.
Key features of the system include:
Read more about the new QCE system
- new and redeveloped QCAA senior syllabuses
- external assessment in most senior subjects
- quality assurance processes to strengthen the quality and comparability of school-based assessment
- changes to QCE eligibility requirements
- the introduction of the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR)