Activity Consent Form (PDF)
21 September 2023
Thursday, 2 November, students in the Year 8/9 Robotics Program of Excellence will be participating in an excursion to QUT, to attend a Queensland University of Technology's Robotics workshop. The students will be participating in a full day workshop aimed at challenging our students and enhancing essential 21 st Century skills, such as critical thinking, design thinking, problem solving and programming.
- Venue: Queensland University of Technology, P Block, Gardens Point Campus, Brisbane City, QLD
- Date: Thursday, 2 November, 7:35am - 3.35pm.
- Students will be attending a Mechatronics: Build and Code Rescue Arms workshop, that introduces the use of the engineering principles of mechatronics, to construct a robot arm from a range of components and motors.
- The inherent risk level of this activity is medium due to being off-campus and travelling by bus, however the students are traveling in a seat-belted bus, will observe road safety rules and will be under the supervision of experienced VPSHS staff at all times.
- Planned Schedule:
Students are to wear full school uniform, including fully enclosed black leather school shoes..
|Students are to meet their Robotics teacher at the bus bay for roll marking and bus boarding|
|7.40am ||Bus will depart VPSHS|
|9.00am - 11.15am|| Arrive QUT: Morning Workshop: Mechatronics: Buid and Code Rescue Arms|
|Includes 15 mins for morning tea|
|12.00pm - 2.15pm ||Workshop Part 2|
|2.20pm|| Depart QUT P block and walk to bus pick up point |
|2.30pm ||Bus departs QUT/Brisbane City|
|3.15pm - 3.35pm||**** please note arrival time at school|
- Students should bring lunch (or money), a water bottle, pens and book.
- Food can be purchased on the day on site.
- As this is an off campus activity, students should take all necessary precautions with regards to any medical requirements (e.g.due to conditions such as diabetes, asthma, travel sickness, allergies, or anaphylaxis).
To be eligible to participate in this excursion, students must have made payment of the annual contribution to the Program of Excellence. The cost of this excursion is being funded by the VPSHS Program of Excellence; no further payment is required to participate.
If you wish for your child to participate in the activity, please complete the attached consent form and return it to classroom teacher: Mrs Galpin no later than Friday, 20 October 2023.
For further information about the activity, please contact Head of Technologies, Mrs Michelle Galpin on 07 3820 5888.