(Chaplain) works Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and is available to support
students and their families.
A chaplain provides support and pastoral care to the school community. The chaplaincy role involves walking with students through challenges, providing a listening ear and caring presence for young people facing challenges. With parental consent, the chaplain can also provide spiritual support like prayer, for people experiencing grief or loss. The chaplain plays a vital role within the wellbeing team that is provided at Victoria Point State High School.
Chaplaincy support can involve:
- Sitting with students who are feeling isolated at lunchtime
- Coordinating positive groups that encourage self-esteem and resilience
- Activities that foster friendship and community
- Having deep and meaningful conversations
- Empowering student involvement
- Praying with families facing challenges
- Linking students with positive holiday camps or connecting students to other support services at the school
Our chaplain also coordinates and delivers a range of student programs at the school to support growth and promote positive relationships.
Read more about chaplaincy