I would like to extend a warm welcome back to new and existing VPSHS families.
As we commence Term 3, it is timely to release our # Ready to Learn campaign, promoting learning behaviours that encourage students to be prepared for learning and to strive towards engaging in a culture to Learn, Think, Perform through Respect, Integrity and Responsibility.
Campaign 1 # READY TO LEARN (flyer attached)
Are you prepared for your learning in Semester 2?
Do you have the necessary stationery to participate in your learning to the best of your ability?
On 9 May 2022, Victoria Point State High School engaged in a Priority School Review gaining valuable feedback from both the school and wider community. This feedback was collated and presented to the school by four independent reviewers. Please find attached both the celebrations and recommendations from this review. I would like to encourage all school students and families to engage in future consultation and collaboration to address the first recommended areas of key improvements:
· Build the capability of all school leaders to provide collective and effective instructional leadership in order to drive and quality assure the school's improvement initiatives.
· Quality assure the consistent and timely enactment of agreed behaviour management processes and practices across the school/at all levels.
In the interest of keeping our students safe, the pedestrian gate located near the Student Centre will be closed owing to the expansion of Cleveland-Redland Bay Road into multiple lanes. The school has been instructed to re-direct students away from the Cleveland-Redland Bay Road worksite and are asked to use the main entrance pedestrian gates off Bambara Close. Students will be required to utilise the pedestrian crossing lights at the Shell Service Station if travelling along Cleveland-Redland Bay Road until further notice.
With COVID-19 prevalent in the community, please continue to monitor your family for symptoms. If a family member is feeling unwell, please take them to a Queensland Health testing clinic where students will be prioritised for a free rapid antigen test (RAT). If you, your child or a household member tests positive to COVID-19, please follow Queensland Health guidelines for reporting the test result, isolation and close contacts. If students develop symptoms while at school, you will be contacted and asked to collect them. You will be provided with a free rapid antigen test (RAT) to administer at home. For more information about Queensland's response to COVID-19, visit www.covid19.qld.gov.au
I would like to congratulate Benfer House who claimed victory at the school's Athletics Carnival held on the last day of Term 2. I would also like to thank the Student Council and school community for their initiative to raise funds for the Mark Hughes Foundation through 'Beanie for Brain Cancer'. Funds raised and raffle winners will be posted on Facebook. Victoria Point State High School would like to advise the school community that this year's Tie Ceremonial Luncheon for the Year 9's, will be replaced by a special assembly which will acknowledge students transition from Junior Secondary to Senior Secondary studies. This event will be led by Mrs Lockhart – Deputy Principal, Years 9 & 10. Further information will be forwarded closer to this event scheduled for Monday 28 November 2022.
- The school's attendance target is 92%;
- Victoria Point State High School is a Uniform School;
- Students are required to bring their own device to every lesson;
- Students must have their mobile phone turned off in every classroom and should not use their mobile phone as a device.
- NAIDOC Week from 11 July – 15 July 2022
- From Monday 25 July 2022: Year 10 Semester 2 - Text Collection (SRS Full Payment or Payment Plan Required)
- Parent/Teacher Interviews – Face to Face on Wednesday 27 July 2022, 3:00pm – 6:00pm, VPSHS Student Centre
- Term 3 Student Assessment Schedule available through Daymap from Monday 1 August 2022
- School Musical 'Matilda' opens Wednesday 10 August 2022 – https://vpshs.eq.edu.au/.../event-bookings-school-24-how...
I would like to express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your on-going support. Further communication will be forth-coming from your child's individual teacher/s. Please do not hesitate to contact the school for any further information or assistance email@example.com