Dear Parents & Caregivers
I would like to extend a warm welcome back to new and existing VPSHS families. We are pleased to confirm that Parent/Teacher Interviews will be held in the Student Centre on Wednesday 12 October 2022 from 3:00pm to 6:00pm.
Parents of students in Years 7 - 12 are able to book a parent teacher interview with your child's teachers, by accessing the SOBS link. https://eq.sobs.com.au/pt3/parent.php?schoolid=70386
You will also find a link to SOBS on our school webpage https://vpshs.eq.edu.au/. Bookings are open now and will close at 6:00pm on Tuesday 11 October 2022. We encourage you to use this opportunity to book a time to discuss your child's Term 3 2022 report, and work with teachers to assist in your child's success. Please contact the Administration if you are experiencing issues with booking an interview and they will be able to book a timeslot on your behalf.
As we commence Term 4 the school will continue to prioritise the valuable feedback ascertained from the school and wider community through the Priority School Review to determine the following recommendations;
- Build the capability of all school leaders to provide collective and effective instructional leadership in order to drive and quality assure the school's improvement initiatives.
· Quality assure the consistent and timely enactment of agreed behaviour management processes and practices across the school/at all levels.
We would also like to acknowledge the partnership between the school, parents/caregivers and students to ensure our school values of Respect, Integrity and Responsibility are maintained. Term 4 will focus on:
- The school's attendance target of 92% which includes arriving on time every day to every lesson;
- Adherence to the VPSHS School Dress Code which includes wearing the uniform with pride;
- Student responsibility to be prepared for their learning which includes bringing the required equipment and own digital device to every lesson;
- Respectful use of mobile phones under the direct instruction and supervision of the classroom teacher.
Thank you to all of our families who have paid their SRS fees or have a payment place in place for 2022. We are in the process of finalising our accounts for the year, and will shortly be invoicing for 2023. The P&C endorsed SRS is in place to save you both time and money in relation to supplying educational resources for your student/s. By being part of the Scheme, your student not only receives the relevant textbooks to use for the year but also a range of other resources used by teachers in classrooms. It is fantastic that more and more families are seeing the value of the SRS, joining up and benefiting from the resources we are able to provide with our bulk buying powers. We are currently sourcing a quantity of affordable used laptops, that will be available for purchase. If you would like to express your interest in purchasing a laptop or would like further details, please contact Head of Department, Michelle Galpin (email@example.com).
Please continue to monitor your family for COVID-19 symptoms. If you, your child or a household member tests positive to COVID-19, please follow Queensland Health guidelines for reporting the test result, isolation and close contacts. If students develop symptoms while at school, you will be contacted and asked to collect them. You will be provided with a free rapid antigen test (RAT) to administer at home. For more information about Queensland's response to COVID-19, visit www.covid19.qld.gov.au
- Mental Health Week from 4 – 7 October 2022
- Red Bag Appeal from 10 October 2022
- P&C Meeting on Tuesday 18 October 2022 from 6:00pm in Moongalba
- Parent/Teacher Interviews – Wednesday 12 October 2022 from 3:00pm to 6:00pm, VPSHS Student Centre
- Term 4 Student Assessment Schedule available through Daymap from Monday 24 October 2022
- Celebration Week of Events from Monday 14 to Friday 18 November 2022
- Block and Cohort Exam Period for students in Years 7-11 beginning Monday 21 to Friday 25 November 2022
- Last Day of Term for Years 7 - 9, Friday 9 December 2022
Completion Date for the school's New Building
The new double storey 'Technologies' building is well and truly underway. This building houses an industrial grade hospitality kitchen, 2 state of the art robotics classrooms and 4 general learning spaces. This is a very exciting opportunity for us and we are looking forward to the building opening to students in March 2023.
Look forward to communication from your child's individual Term 4 teacher/s. Please do not hesitate to contact the school for any further information or assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.